Here are some good practices from the folks at DHS for coping with an active shooter situation
• Be aware of your environment and any possible dangers
• Take note of the two nearest exits in any facility you visit
• If you are in an office, stay there and secure the door (As long as you can effectively block the door)
• If you are in a hallway, get into a room and secure the door
• As a last resort, attempt to take the active shooter down. When the shooter is at close range and you cannot flee, your chance of survival is much greater if you try to incapacitate him/her. (Strongly agree with this one. Attack the attacker as soon as possible)
CALL 911 WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO! (Well, I say, call 911 as soon as Possible. You need the Calvary to come an assist, call them immediately)
Great advise. Remember, Train Today for Tomorrow’s Battles!
The Prepared Lifestyle is under construction. Recent events have forced us to take a deeper look at what the “Prepared Lifestyle” truly means. We will now not only focus on emergency medical issues, but all forms of preparedness. This includes Active Shooter issues, Workplace Violence, and Church Security and other Self Protection issues. Thanks for your continual support.
The Prepared Lifestyle is now offering
Child & Babysitting Safety (CABS)
For more information, please quick on this link http://www.hsi.com/ashi/cabs/
Excellent training clip. Warning! Video is a little graphic. Just click on the link below.
Check these folks out!
Zombie Response Team